Hi! after one month and a half some things have happened…I am going to summarize a bit…writing the “Highlights”!
Reading (pi = persona interest)
- A lot of papers that I would to summarize in two main documents:
- The Journal of Computers in Industry (on-going)
- The Journal of Expert Systems with Applications
- The Journal of Science of Computer Programming (on-going)
- The Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (on-going)
- Revista Ibérica de Sistemas e Tecnologias de Informação
- Special Session on the Web of Data (DATAWEB)
- Special Session “Engineering Tool Integration for Industrial Automation System Development (ETAS 2013)” in conjuction with IECON2013
- Submission of a full paper to the 8th South East European Doctoral Student Conference at SEERC. Topic: natural language processing
- Submission of a co-authored full paper to the 8th South East European Doctoral Student Conference at SEERC with my WESO colleagues: Alejandro Montes and Jose Emilio Labra. Topic: Freews and recommendation
- Submission of a co-authored full paper to the 8th South East European Doctoral Student Conference at SEERC with my WESO colleagues: César Luis and Jose Emilio Labra. Topic: ACOTA
- Submission of a co-authored paper to the an international journal with my WESO colleagues: Alejandro Montes and Jose Emilio Labra. Topic: Freews and recommendation (extended version)
- Submission of an application to the Linked Data Cup at I-Semantics 2013 Conference with my colleagues Michail Vafalopoulos and his team at the National Technical University of Athens. The report is also available here.
- The submission with Jose Emilio Labra and Johan Jeuring to the IJCAI 2013 Workshop on Graph Structures for Representation and Reasoning has been accepted!
- The submission with Iraklis Paraskakis and Dimitrios Kourtesis to the journal of the Future Generation of Computer Systems has been accepted with major reviews! I am happy because I completely agree with the reviewers and it is an opportunity to improve the contents.
- I have finished my proposal of Secondment within the RELATE-ITN project.
Coding and Tools
- I have started to design a taxonomy collecting main KPI from the CSMIC initiative and other existing works to create the Cloudindex. Some initial outcomes can be checked here (it is very similar to my work at the Webindex, however the computation process must be added and the URIs are not yet accesible):
- SeQOS taxonomy
- I have also created a synthetic application to produce observations in XML. The plan is to be able to process RSS, JSON, RDF and XML.
- A version a Pubby and SNORQL have been also customized.
- Next steps include the alignment of this application and an existing service (e.g. http://trust.salesforce.
com/trust/status/) to process observations and show statistics using CubeViz.
- …I plan to report this on-going work to the CSMIC initiative!
- I was also testing the IMPALA tool of Cloudera for real time queries.
- I would like also to emphasize the excellent work of the Media Lab Team at the University of Athens creating the “PublicSpending.net” portal. My contribution has been small but I hope to contribute more in the future.
- During my stay in Spain in the Easter holidays (first week of may) I was invited by Jose Emilio Labra to give some seminars in the Semantic Web Course in the context of the Master of the Web Engineering. I am very grateful for this opportunity and I hope I can repeat. I was presenting part of my PhD and my current research SEERC. I think students were more or less happy with the contents! (My last lecturer had been in January I was a little bit not-trained).
- Finally I have also collaborated in reviewing and partially supervising a final degree project on sentiment analysis. It has been a great experience!
In Spain I could meet my family and friends, visit places such as Tazones, go out and, mainly, drink and escanciar “Sidra Asturiana” and eat in places such as Tierra Astur or Los Lagos…and more things that you should ask me! 🙂