Just a few comments for this week (to be completed)….
Reading (pi = persona interest)
- Tutorial of Cascalog and other features
- Incremental Map/Reduce
- Large-scale Incremental Processing Using Distributed Transactions and Notications
- MapReduce Online
- Online Aggregation and Continuous Query support in MapReduce
Writing, reviewing and researching
- I am finishing the book chapter about publishing statistical data in RDF
- I am managing a Special Issue in the Journal of Computers in Industry, Elsevier
- I just realized that Labra added me in the Acknowledgements part of his work about “Multilingual Open Data Patterns” I am very proud of that! (to be honest I just collaborated in the first presentation with some links and specially through some comments with regards to SKOS-XL). I also suggest to read the paper in which each of the patterns is explained and discussed with excellent examples.
- I have had a meeting with my SEERC colleagues to present my prototype and plan next actions in QoS, etc.
- I have had a meeting with Michalis Vafoupolus to prepare the Linked Data Cup paper.
Coding and Tools
- I have implemented a real-time based architecture using the Lambda approach and following some hints from Pere Ferrera. It is not the same algorithm and I am just take the approach to tackle the problem not source code. Next steps include to use RDF as views for batch and real-time layers using SPARQL federated queries (for instance Fedex). The example just takes a Twitter stream using Tweet4J API and counts words presenting the results in a HTML page. Documentation is available here and also the the source code (under development).
- I have linked to the CPV the public procurement notices from UK, USA and AUS.
- This week is the Father’s day!
- I have also registered for the International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE) so I will be in Prague from 16-21 of April to attend the conference and the RELATE project plenary meeting.