This week has elapsed very fast and I have made a lot of things that I leave bellow:
My main concern in the research is how can I address the automatic computation of a lot of sensors (applications, cloud management platforms, etc.), i.e. how can I monitorize resources? and which the variables to be taken into account are. In this sense I have read some papers from my colleagues at SEERC and other authors:
- A survey of Autonomic Computing — degrees, models and applications
- An ontology-driven approach to self-management in cloud application platforms (Poster)
- An ontology-driven approach to self-management in cloud application platforms.
- Modelling Feedback Control Loops for Self-Adaptive Systems.
- MAPE-K adaptation control loop (presentation)
- Towards Quality of Service in the Cloud
- Hazy: Making it Easier to Build and Maintain Big-data Analytics (slides)
- Review of one paper for the SI in e-Procurement
- …apart of research papers I have also started to read the book “Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity“
I have made some progresses in the article about the experience publishing the “Webindex” as Linked Data and I have also planned the potential articles for this year and their contents.
Sometimes you feel very motivated to test new tools and frameworks and I am now in this phase:
- Storm Starter and Storm+Node.js
- Cleo and Cleo-primer
- Improvements in the MOLDEAS prototype (fixing bad URIs)
I have finished the evaluation of Health Information Systems in Nursing and Physiotherapy course at the University of Oviedo. They have developed very good works applying Web 2.0 concepts for building mashups in the Health sector, I am very proud of all students.
Here it is where I spent most of the time (and thanks to my colleague Fotis) but I finally got (almost) all the required documentation:
- My new apartment in Thessaloniki is located in Mitropoleos St.
- I have my Tax ID, Social Security ID and other “official” stuff.
- I have a Greek phone number.
- I have a new account in Alpha Bank.
- I have also sent my application to a three-month Modern Greek course at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki